Fancy a delicious evening snack, but you don’t want to feel too guilty about the extra calories?
Then I present you the Crunchy-Tomato-Garlicky-Madness!!! Isn’t that a tongue twister? Never-mind, I still have to work on the marketing part, I’ll figure it out later.
Now go grab from your local grocery store the following and get munching (2 portions):
- 1 large sized tomato (with the least plastic as possible)
- crackers / hard bread (more fibre, less unhealthy stuff)
- 3-4 cloves of fresh green garlic (not that frozen ages ago Chinese crap)
- dried tomato paste (optional, brings some extra flavour kick, also calories)
- shredded old cheese flakes (optional, but…)
- olive oil
- lemon juice / vinegar
Get 2 crackers and put a thin layer of the tomato paste on them. I said thin, don’t push it!
Slice that tomato as you like and spread the slices evenly between the crackers.
Chop a healthy amount of chives and spread them on top of the tomatoes.
Take some of that shredded cheese and throw some of it on top of the chives.
Press the garlic cloves, put them in a cup and give them a healthy rubbing with some olive oil and salt. Don’t be lazy, keep working them until they get white-ish! Spread the garlic on top of the chives.
And finally, put a few drops of lemon juice or vinegar on the whole thing for the final twist.
There you have it! Now go enjoy it, you can thank me later! 😉